A systems approach to better relationships
This 12-hour workshop, based on Bowen Family Systems Theory, will help participants gain a unique perspective on how to build and maintain better relationships with significant others, family, friends, and coworkers. Core concepts from the Theory and their application will be explored.
Topics will include:
- Common problematic patterns in relationships and how to change them
- A framework for understanding why some relationships fare better than others
- Ways to manage anxiety and emotional reactivity in relationships
- Key family systems concepts related to relationship functioning, including: triangles, cut-off, differentiation of self, and more
- The significance of your family tree: understanding how the relationship processes in your family of origin affect your current functioning in relationships
- An introduction to Dr. Murray Bowen and his unique contribution to our understanding of human relationships
- This workship is not group therapy and is not intended for those in crisis.
Bonnie Hall, M.Couns., RCC
This is a regular program facilitated by Bonnie Hall.
Bonnie is a Registered Clinical Counsellor in private practice in Richmond, BC. Her educational background includes a Master of Counselling degree from City University of Seattle, a Bachelor of Science degree from UBC, and diplomas in music and education. She was an educator for adults, children, and youth for 25 years in a variety of settings before pursuing a career in counselling. She completed a two-year postgraduate training program in Bowen Family Systems Theory and continues to deepen her knowledge and application of Bowen theory through her clinical work with families, couples, and individuals.
“Bowen Family Systems Theory is the main theoretical orientation of my counselling practice. I find that this way of thinking helps people gain clarity and calm about challenging issues, enabling them to respond more effectively to difficulties as well as to achieve greater overall life satisfaction”.
Dates: Four Saturday Mornings:
May 30, June 6, 13, and 20, 2020 | 9:30am – 12:30pm
Location: South Vancouver Neighborhood House, 6470 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
Cost: $195 Early Bird Rate: $175, if paid by April 30, 2020
Course limited to 15 participants.
Click here for the course brochure: Building Better Relationships
For more information or to register for the course, please use the form below.